Did you know, 60% of people in Pakistan who own cell phone use more than one cell phone and among those cell phone users, 72% use smartphone as their primary phone, and 28% keep other type of phones like featured phone as secondary phone for security reason. (Source)
Not only have these smartphones become a part of our personal lives but have also affected the trade of our country. The ever increasing need for smartphones now accounts for 55% of total mobile imports in Pakistan (Source). Smartphones are much faster than the conventional phone and much more user friendly which makes it easy for all age group to use. Smartphones have been a big revolution in all areas be it business or entertainment.
“smartphones now accounts for 55% of total mobile imports in Pakistan”
In the past 10 years, the smartphone culture has been on a rise throughout with new innovative upgrades nearly every day. Not only have the old, pre existing companies improved but many new brands have started also, that offer quality and efficiency in a very reasonable price.
No matter how much one might disagree, smartphones have made our lives much faster and easier, allowing us to connect with people, check our email on the go and being able to search anything on our mind immediately. Smartphones offer everything one can think off, but now it’s on you how you utilize it. .
5 notable smartphones to consider in Pakistan
When we talk about smart phones, we get to hear Samsung and iPhone the most! But well, there are most gems in the market that have not yet gained that popularity. So here is a list of those smartphones that you might want to buy.
1. OPPO F3 plus
Also known as the selfie expert!
- This smartphone has a 5.5 inch screen with an IPS LCD and capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors.,
- weighs about 153 g.
- it comes in three colors; black, gold and rose gold.
- It offers a 64 GB ROM and a 4 GB RAM, though if more storage is needed, you can always insert an external memory card.
- It offers a fast Bluetooth and wii fi connection with a GPRS, EDGE ,3G and 4G network.
- The set function on Android V6.0 (marshmallow).
- Its camera is one of the most attractive features, it captures sharp yet professional pictures even in the dark. The camera is Dual 16 MP + 8 MP, f/2.0, 1/3.
- It has a fixed battery which has fast charging. Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic, Document viewer, Photo/video editor, Google Search, Maps, Gmail, Youtube, Calendar, Google Talk.
- All this for just Rs.29,899/-. You can order it online or even get it easily from a mobile shop.
2. Alcatel OneTouch X1
This is a new brand which has great value for money:
- Costing you only RS 23,490.
- It has a 13 MP camera with LED flash, 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory
- A Bluetooth, wi fi connection.
- It works on Qualcomm Snapdragon 415
- Operating system- Android 5.1 Lollipop.
3. Lenovo vibe S1
Lenovo is now officially available in Pakistan.
- It has a 5” screen with the highest pixel density from amongst these 5 and one of the most powerful system.
- Its chipset is Mediatek MT6753
- An operating system- Android v5.1 Lollipop.
- RAM 2GB and 16GB internal memory.
- The camera is perfect for everyday use with an auto focus lens of 13 MP.
- All this inn just RS 23,990.
4. HTC Desire 728
If you are looking for a good camera and a perfect LCD screen, then this is the right choice.
- Desire works on Mediatek MT6753
- An operating system Android v5.1.1 Lollipop
- With Sense UI. It has a 5.5” SLCD 2 display with HD resolution and this is what makes it special.
- 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal memory.
- Its camera is 13 MP with a LED flash. It comes in black or white skin
- RS 20,990.
5. Huawei Honor 5X
Huawei phones have been on a rise recently because of their good speakers and a long lasting battery.
- It has a HD 5.5” display
- 2GB RAM and 16GB internal memory,
- A 13 MP camera
- a non-removable battery.
- Its chipset is Qualcomm Snapdragon 616
- Operating system Android v5.1.1
- Lollipop upgradable to Android v6.0.1 Marshmallow with Emotion UI.
- This set costs RS 25,000.
Read also: 9 Things to Check Before Buying a Used Car
All the smartphones listed above have their specialties mentioned, so it basically depends on what you are looking for, it is is good speakers then go for Huawei, it it’s a good display, then desire is the right choice whereas if you want good aesthetics with smooth functioning then sony experia is the option. So list down what you need and the budget you have for it, and I’m sure you will find your pick easily from these 5 best smartphone options other than the conventional Samsung and iPhone.
All images courtesy by GSM Arena