Are you worried about your financial problems and your varying health patterns while having too much to deal with? Health insurance is the key to lighten up this extra burden in your life.
Health insurance is when you insure the availability of money via an insurance company of your choice, for the chance of an unfortunate circumstance such as an injury or an illness that requires a lot of money to be treated. In Pakistan, mostly salaried people or people who earn a mediocre amount of money pay a specified amount to insurance companies as per their packages to ensure that money is available to pay for health care. The company then holds responsibility to make the money available when you require it. Different companies offer different packages and you choose according to what you can afford and what you may want to attain in the time of need. Compare health insurance policies from different companies before deciding upon a specific plan.
Why is health insurance necessary?
Following are some of the factors that prove that health insurance is necessary in a capitalistic environment like ours:
1. The government and private healthcare division has created classes in the system itself and quality healthcare, in a developing country like Pakistan. Good healthcare can only be bought with money because the better it is the costlier it gets. To ensure recovery, a person spends as much money as possible on health and to be able to do that, money must be invested and saved for the sole purpose of meeting up with medical needs.
2. The working sector of Pakistan, or the middle class, do not pay as much attention on their health as they should because as it appears, they do not get the time to visit the doctor every once in a while, to get check-ups.
3. Personal level savings are not reliable in such cases because they are more subjected to be used for other purposes and it is very difficult to save up for separate uses at a domestic level. Generally, money is mostly saved without setting out goals or uses. The only way that remains is health insurance.
4. To think that medical expenses can be escaped is highly impractical since we live in a developing country like Pakistan where pollution, accidents, terrorist attacks, diseases like heart attack, high and low blood pressure and diabetes are very common. Health insurance in Pakistan will help remove a potential burden from your finance and will allow you to be worry-free from a very important and inevitable part of your life.
Hence, health insurance is very much necessary to meet up with your health needs as per requirement. It is easy to compare health insurance in Pakistan because all details are available online and health insurance quotes are also easily available. Anyone can research about different health insurance policies in no time.
Consequences of not getting health insurance
1. Risking precious lives due to lack of money:
The obvious consequence is not having enough money and ending up risking a life by not choosing to rely on health insurance.
2. The psychological pressure:
Unavailability of money would result in extended disease and that further would mean psychological pressure and would make you regret your decision of not getting a health insurance.
3. Use of other savings:
In such circumstances people use up their general domestic level savings having no other choice and little money is then left for emergency use or any other purposes you may require it for. Honestly, some health insurance policies are not even that expensive and you can easily check which ones suit your budget by comparing health insurance quotes.
4. Financial strain on the monthly budget:
Regular check ups will also put a dent on your monthly budget effecting your daily livelihood drastically.
Related Read: 6 Vital Dos And Don’ts Of Health Insurance Plans
The affordability of health insurance in Pakistan
To give you a summary as to how health insurance works and how is it therefore very much affordable, here is an overview of the steps to be followed:
1. The fact that you choose your own package as per your demands is what makes it affordable. Compare health insurance packages and policies of different companies and chose the one that you think is feasible for you and meets your needs. This would depend on the money you can offer to the company and how you can submit it, i.e. monthly, annually etc. Different companies offer a variety of policies that can even cover complete all medical expenses. Examples include family health-care plan to meet the medical needs of your family as a whole, personal injuries can also be covered along with expenses for in-home treatments of minor surgeries, services such as hiring an ambulance for transportation and burial costs for if in unfortunate cases the patient dies. Health insurance quotes ensure that you can look at which health insurance packages are most applicable for you.
2. After comparing health insurance and choosing it, all there is left to do is to buy the plan and submit investments as per your package and you will be saved from the extra effort of worrying yourself about your health expenditure.
There remains no reason of not choosing to invest in health insurance, because it is incredibly necessary for the majority of the population of Pakistan that consists of working class or salaried people. Health being one of the vital needs of human beings, demands capital investment and avoiding health insurance is similar to avoiding health itself.