Ever since the imported cars are available on lease, Pakistani market has witnessed an influx of a variety of cars. You can now easily find cars with various price points and product categories. No matter what are the specifications, they are successfully addressing the needs of the car buyers or car users in Pakistan.
There are different measures taken by the Auto Development Policy makers to make sure that the suppliers are dealing with the trustworthy models. It has helped a buyer to access a car that confirms to all the needs and wallet of the buyer. To alleviate the confusion of user, we have thematically divided the factors that play their role in influencing the buying decision of a person.
Since for many in the middle class of Pakistan, buying a car is the first big purchase thus they need to have extra attentive and concerned about the machine they are going to pay for. Although, once you have made your mind to buy a car for you, you will be seeing latest offered and a number of options around you. As a base tip, we would like to say that never get swayed by the colorful attractive brochures or the gleaming automobiles that you can see in the advertisement. To play safe, you need to consider the following steps in mind if you need to make a right buying decision.
Determine Your Needs:
First of all, ask yourself the reason for buying a car. Are you looking for a vehicle of your own to drive you down into the town? Are you looking for a mean for daily commute? Or are you looking for a vehicle that can help you to have a comfortable drive on the highway? Do you need to make a trip to another city, every weekend or less often? How many people will you have a drive on the regular basis?
Remember your lifestyle has a major role to play in the selection of the car. It helps you to understand what car you need to have in terms of size, capacity or mileage? Answering these questions clearly will help you limit your car search field and will help you make a decision quicker and smarter.
Generate Information as Much as Possible:
Once you have shortlisted the cars that suit your needs and lifestyle, it’s time to do some serious research. You need to generate information about the shortlisted make and models of the cars you are thinking to choose from.
Researching is made easy with the advanced internet services. They can generate you information in bulks. Review the handling comfort and other classifications of the cars you are focused on. Compare the results and filter your shortlisted cars to find the most suitable option to consider. To make sure that you have to access authentic information, visit the official website of the manufacturing company. Official company websites provide the most accurate information about the specifications and abilities of a car. They will also give you the actual price of the car.
Reviews are another important part of the research; you need to check what existing users had said about the car. For reviews you can also visit third party websites that are dealing with the supply of cars, users do leave a comment about their experience on such websites.
Your Financial State:
Money is the most important factor when it comes to buying anything, big or small. As cars and homes demand some major investment, the money factor becomes the backbone of the entire scenario.
Before taking the driving wheel of your very first vehicle, you need to make sure that you have sufficient amount of money to make the purchase. If you do not have enough money to pay in cash, you may need help from the bank. Banks may help you figure out your borrowing capacity according to different payment modules. They may offer you a three to seven years plan to pay for the car. However, this facility is served along with a specific and pre-defined interest rate. Once you have sorted out the payment procedures and amount, you will be able to narrow your search and focus on the make and model that is in your budget.
The Periodic Charges:
Have you considered the recurring charges that you will have to deal with, being a car owner? Yes! We are talking about the maintenance, petrol and parking charges etc. Counting all these charges in your monthly budget, along with the installments for the bank will make the car quite expensive for you. So you need to make sure that you are able to afford these periodic payments before you proceed to buy a car.
The Insurance Quote:
Now, this is something that offers you a broad field to play in. There are banks that offer insurance service when you ask them for a car loan or proceed to have a car on installments, and then there are companies that are specifically dealing with insurance services. These companies are then divided into different categories of insurance. Auto insurance is something that will work for you when you are signing an agreement to own a car.
Car insurance is highly suggested by experts to keep yourself, your family and your car safe. Before buying a car, get an overview of the insurance premium and what plan you are willing to go with. As different insurance companies offer different auto insurance plans. You can check all the basic details about Auto Insurance by clicking here.
A Vendor You Can Trust:
You will need a dealer to buy a car. This rule implies to both used and new car sale and purchase. If you are looking for a used car, you need to get it inspected by an expert to make sure that the car has genuine parts and the condition of the vehicle is eligible to be purchased. You can ask a trusted friend or family member whom you think have had enough experience in dealing with car assessment. If you think that a seller is pressurizing you, the doors are open and you must move to another seller. You must keep in mind that there is no time to rethink, once you have booked the car, signed the agreement, there is no way back.
Look for Bargain:
If you have fallen for any specific car, you must visit the official website of the manufacturers. To check if there is any promotion available. The automobile companies keep offering a discount on different occasions. So you can wait a bit for the upcoming offer or can go for the recent one if any.
Try Before Buy:
Select and shortlist models and try them on the roads that you will usually be driving on. You can compare the performance and check if they are fun to drive or not. If you are keen to buy a car of specific model rent the same model and drive for about 1000 km. This trial must take 3 to 4 days before to you jump on the final decision. Check how comfortable you feel driving it. This practice will give you a clear idea of how you will feel while driving a car of your choice. Check if the seats are comfortable and if the trunk is big enough to fit in your average luggage. It will also give you an idea about the consumption of fuel and will help you establish a clear idea about other ongoing costs.
Safe Some Extra Money:
If you have managed all these things wisely, you will surely be in your budget. And if it is really so, you can have the freedom to think about changing the color of the car. Or you can refurbish the interior of the car. You may think about adding a gadget to the dashboard or upgrade the music system. Certainly, for all such tasks, you will have to pay extra amount but you will have a highly personalized car that you will enjoy having for a long run.
Reading Terms of Agreement:
Before you sign the agreement, make sure that you have gone through all the stated terms and conditions. It may include delivery charges or any other additional cost. Being a buyer you have the right to get expert help by letting them review the contract and ask for a legal opinion. Keep in mind that there is nothing bad in getting a car of your choice but, getting stuck in?? something is never a good idea. Being careful is better than being in a problem.
New Car Vs. Old Car
There is a difference in buying a new car versus buying an old car. And here are the points that you must keep in mind while looking cars in any of these categories.
What Do You Need to Consider While Buying a New Car?
No one wants to regrets, especially while making a major purchase as that of a car or property. With a perfect plan of action, you can save yourself and avoid feeling guilty of signing an agreement that won’t work for you. Here are few points that you must keep in mind while buying a new car;
- Check for the possible options in a market
- Look for the most demanded item and what customers or users have to say about it
- Never compromise on your budget and try to find an option that suits your budget
- Research for the product as well as the company and check if any platform is offering a discount on it
- Consider the resale value as it is one of the most important things to keep in mind while buying any such thing. The resale value of the car depends on the condition make and model of the car and how well it is working in the market and on the roads
- Spare parts are other important elements that you must keep in mind while buying a new car. Make sure that the spare parts of the car are easily available in the market
- While buying for a vendor check for what after sale services are offered by the seller
What Do You Need to Consider While Buying a Used Car?
It is not necessary that you must buy a new car. You may get many options in used cars that are economical and can be a good return on investment. You may not know how the car had been used by the previous driver thus you will have to pay extra attention before paying for the car. Here are some quick tips that you need to keep in mind while buying a used car;
- Decide the type, make and model of the car you will prefer to find
- Start searching for the specific car type in the showrooms that offer use cars of that model
- Do not go for the new model cars, they may cost you more and if you opt to buy a used car of the latest model, suggested would be to buy it brand new.
- What are the arrangements of the parking area of the car? Do you have enough space that is secure and you can place your car overnight?
- Check for the maintenance records to have the idea what changes have been done in the car, over the time. It will also include the assessment of the spare parts of a car.
- You will need to check many other things before buying it. You can check for the condition of body parts, gear knobs, foot pedals, switches and steering stalks, roof liner, windows and door panels etc.
- Checking for the noise in the engine is also a must before paying for it.
Documents that You Will Need While Buying a Car in Pakistan:
Up till now, the only thing that matters is money. Once you are done with the car selection, you need to pay attention to the documentation process. Without proper documentation and signed agreement, you cannot proceed with owning a car if you have not done proper documentation. It is a sensitive matter and you must handle it with care.
- The On-Road Costs: It is the overall charges that you need to pay to own the car legally. It is the combination of a registration fee and the insurance of a car in general. The registration includes; motor vehicle tax, withholding tax, multifarious and motor vehicle registration etc.
- Excise and Taxation: If you think you can skip it, you are wrong. They are the first one to be paid on the list. You can get all the information about the fee and processing from the website.
- List of Main Documents for Application: You need to have a photocopy of your CNIC or person on whose name the car will be purchased and application to the excise and taxation officer for registration of the new vehicle.
- Document verification: For different cases, you need to have different documents for verification which include; sales certificate, sales invoice, auction Boucher if any and interrelated documents and bills.
- Residential Proofs: There are some basic documents that you will need to provide which includes; CNOC, utility bills, lease agreement, appointment letter and registry.
Although it may sound simple, buying a car demands a high level of experience and knowledge in each process. If you are buying a car for the first time in Pakistan, you need to make sure that you have completed all the necessary documentation and procedure and you are the legal owner of the car.